Thanks to the efforts of our dedicated ground staff and some consistent rainfall the course continues to be presented in fantastic condition day in, day out. We all enjoy playing Hurstville Golf Course when it’s in pristine condition and we must not forget that our actions can also have a significant impact on the condition of the course.
We all play a role whether it be filling in our divots and repairing our pitch marks or by encouraging and educating others to do the same. With a little more TLC we can help transform Hurstville Golf Course into one of the best public facilities in Sydney.
Below are a few tips that can help us achieve this:
- Always carry a full sand bucket and encourage others to do the same (refill when empty).
- Place sand in your divots and smooth over with foot (on tee-off areas too).
- Repair divots that are missed by others (hopefully that won’t be necessary).
- Repair your pitch marks and at least one other on every green.
- Educate others when you notice golfers not filling their divots or repairing pitch marks.
- Keep buggies and carts off tees and greens.
- Don’t drive carts within 5m of greens.
- Keep carts and buggies in rough and on high sides of each hole in wet conditions.
- No practice on the golf course (1 ball rule).